Saturday, January 17, 2009

Update on my rant

Talked to Matt this morning, and among other things we talked about, I told him about his dad not being willing to come over here. Matt said that he was probably uncomfortable over here. I then explained to Matt that I wasn't that comfortable over at his dad's house either, but that I go anyway, especially when Matt is around, because Matt wants to see his dad. And we usually go as a family. I also told Matt that I am willing to drive down there, but if his dad isn't willing, I just don't see how it's right that I always have to go over there. So. He said he would ask his dad about it. We'll see what his dad says to him. I did bring up the fact we (as in Matt and I) drove 2500 miles so that we could live near our families, and I think his dad can drive the ten or whatever it is once a month over here to see his grandkids. He seemed to get that. Matt I mean. So, once Matt talks to his dad, we'll see if his dad calls me or not. And when he calls, I'm going to be ready. I am going to stand my ground. And Matt sounded like he understood. And the fact he is willing to talk to his dad about it is awesome. So. I feel a tad better. Thank you for all of your comments yesterday. They have given me a lot to think about. I am going to make some decisions regarding the time we spend there, how often we go, and I am going to stick to it.

No comments: