Sunday, January 18, 2009

Things I am just loving about living here

I know I have complained a lot about having to live here, mostly because I'm nearer to some family members. But there are some fabulous things about living here......

~Freeways. I know some people hate them, but I love them. And the fact that they have more than two lanes going the same direction is awesome. It took a few times of driving them to get used to it again, but it's just like riding a bike.

~Sun sun sun sun sun sun sun sun. Warmth warmth warmth warmth.

~Best friend is about an hour away. We're in the same time zone.

~Trader Joe's.

~Sprouts

~Sun sun sun sun sun

~H&M is only a 15 minute drive.

~I already have friends. I don't have to make any effort (well, nowhere near as much) as I normally do when living in a new place.

~El Pollo Loco

~In-n-out. (i tell you, their strawberry shakes are the best ever)

~I will be able to take my kids to the beach! A lot hopefully!

~Huntington Library, Arboretum, Norton Simon Museum, California Science Center, Travel Town, LA Natural History Museum, Griffith Park Observatory, La Brea Tar Pits........

~Disneyland, Sea World, LA and San Diego Zoo's, Wild Animal Park, Santa Monica Pier, Long Beach Aquarium..........

~Fish tacos. Real good awesome authentic mexican food.

~So many choices of pretty much anything.

I just hope we have have enough time here to do all the things I want to do. We've been to In-n-out several times, and only once to El Pollo Loco. My SIL got each kid a one day pass to the San Diego Zoo and the Wild Animal Park, so I know they'll get to those. I would love to take them to the tar pits. And the Arboretum is so so so close. I found out that if I head over to an MWR office at either LA Air Force Base or at March Air Reserve I can get discounted tickets to several places. So, I've got a few hookups. Anyone want to come with us??? :)

I am also going to put Lucy into a dance class, and Andrew possibly into gymnastics. We'll have to think about that one. One great thing about being here is that many friends have kids around the same age. So we don't have to go through a long wait, like we always had to before, to find new friends.

And, did I mention the sun??????

No comments: