Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Winner!!!!!!

A few posts ago I asked my readers to take a guess at why I'm so darn tired. Granted, some of my oh, what, 6 readers, knew why I am tired. But Mary Alice won!!!! Her comment was You're pregnant. That always wore me plum out. She was the first to get it right, with An Ordinary Mom coming in second. Although Heidi's comment was the most creative. She said Because you were up all night figuring out a way to save our economy.

I was planning on going to our little craft store here on post, after our playgroup, where they have all kinds of cool military (OK, mostly Army and Air Force stuff with a lot of Airborne thrown in) stuff. But alas, my plans were thwarted by a husband that needed the car and told me before 7am. While still in bed. Barely awake. I was going to get something very appropriately military for Mary Alice (her being an Air Force wife and all). I was then going to take a picture of it and post it for all to see how lucky she is. So, the picture will have to wait. And Mary Alice, email me with your address (terinaj at yahoo dot com) and I hope to manage to get to the post office and mail it off. Once I actually have it.

Yes, yes. Pregnant. Yesterday was 14 weeks. Yes, I'm showing. When you're on child number 3 your uterus automatically balloons out in anticipation. Yes, I'm uncomfortable and am starting to wear maternity clothes already because it doesn't hurt my stomach. But I did just buy some belly bands on ebay so I might be able to make my regular jeans last a while longer. Yes, I am actually sick this time. I have never come so close to throwing up as I have in the last few days. I actually thought it was getting better. Wrong. It really sucks when you dry heave while trying to brush your teeth. Or when you're trying to cut up raw chicken for dinner. No, we have not thought of any names. Usually I just choose the name and tell Matt what it is. I have to go through all kinds of crap to get these kids in the world. I figure I'm allowed to name them. His mother tried to suggest a middle name for Lucy while I was either in recovery or during labor. Um, no. And it was her name. Um, an even bigger no. This time there will not be as much difficulty as the last two. It will be scheduled, planned, and hopefully as smooth as these sort of things can go. And yes, I do think I know what it is. I think it's a boy. Never mind about my reasons. (some aren't exactly appropriate for posting)

And I'm still tired.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations! wonderful news! i was wondering why you kept saying you were tired. keep well!

Piouette said...

Yipee! Congratulations! I loved being pregnant and even if I won't have anymore. I still rejoice in future mothers. I never thought I'd relish being a mother. Oh what a great task it is. It's killing me most of the time, but I love it anyway. By the way Eve my little sis is finally going to be a mom too next spring. The way she announced it was very funny. I'll tell you when I call one of these days. Congrats!

Mary Alice said...

Congratulations! I knew it! You'll get your vim and vigor back and have the second trimester glow in no time.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Congrats ... too bad I didn't comment a little sooner, lol :) !! I hope your pregnancy goes well.

miranda said...

Congrats! Hope all goes well.

Steph said...

How lucky are YOU!?!?!

Congrats!!!