Thursday, August 21, 2008

What a week

This past week we headed back up to the DC area to see my brother. I haven't seen him in over a year (missed his wedding too because we were moving). Stayed at my friends house again (thanks Anne!) and then met he and his friend in the District. That day was pretty good. Marshall had never been there before. This is us in the Wright Brothers exhibit in the Air and Space Museum. The entire time we were gone, I don't think Andrew took more than one normal smiling picture.

Since I was up there, I called my old companion Dana and asked if we could come by and see her. I haven't seen her since I got married seven years ago! She has 3 kids (Sefa is the one that snuck into our picture) and has one on the way. It was really good to see her. Please remind me to take off my sunglasses for pictures. Sheesh. I look so retarded.
A HUGE bonus from driving up to Maryland was the fact I got to go to Baja Fresh!!! I happen to LOVE LOVE LOVE fish tacos. Most people look at me like I'm crazy when I talk about them. But they are the best kind of tacos out there. Seriously. My favorite ones are far away in San Antonio, but Baja Fresh has some that aren't too bad. Plus the pico de gallo was so yummy. I had two tacos and I almost went back to order another one. So freaking good!!
After we left Baja Fresh I got gas. Got back in the car. I heard this very strange sound that I thought the kids made. They of course said they didn't do it. At the time I thought, yeah right. As I was driving down the street my window went down all by itself. That totally freaked me out and I pulled into a parking lot super fast. Turned off the car. Turned it back on. Window WOULD NOT COME UP. I will remind you that I was in Maryland. And that I had to drive all the way back to North Carolina. To ease my panicky self we stopped by the Washington DC temple.
Posted by Picasa
Andrew was angry because talking about Jesus is boring. (his words) We went into the Visitors Center and talked to the Sister Missionaries inside. Andrew wouldn't come with us, so he sat in a chair near the front door while an older gentleman missionary tried to talk to him. As you can tell, that didn't brighten his mood very much. I took this picture as we were leaving and yet again, Andrew has his mouth open making a face.

And if you're wondering, yes I did drive 8 hours from Maryland to North Carolina with my window down. Andrew asked me to please try one more time to get the window back up. Just try mom. There was no more trying to be done. It would not come back up. All of us (especially me) were blown like crazy for eight straight hours. They tried to watch a movie, but between the wind and having to turn it up pretty loud to even hear it, that didn't happen much. Listening to music wasn't very helpful either. I was so excited to reach home. It almost rained on us too. Well, it would have only rained on me. I thought we would NEVER GET HOME!!!

Today I've been doing laundry, cleaning up the house, and being very thankful that my kids are playing incredibly well together. So far. These were just highlights of our trip. I will share more when I can sit down and type again. Matt will be home tomorrow (hooray!!) and we'll figure out how to get that window fixed. And after my drive yesterday I want nothing to do with my car for a while. So, don't count on my visiting anyone that isn't within walking distance. Not until my window is fixed.


Fort Skinner said...

Glad you had a nice time on your trip up there. Seeing a temple is nice!

Sorry about your window - that happened on our van to both windows within the same year - $400 each!! Hope yours is under warranty!

Piouette said...

I'm glad you didn't get rained on. The fun of travelling by yourself with little kids!!!