Sunday, May 9, 2010

What???

Just wanted to say thanks to the woman who FOLLOWED me to my destination (my friends house), WAITED for me to get out of my car, and then proceeded to YELL at me from her car telling me that I needed to slow down, that children live around there.

What did I do? Well, I got my daughter and I quickly into my friends house, because if someone is going to take the time and follow you just to yell at you who the hell knows what else they are going to do. Did I say anything? Um, no. Do I wish I had? Yes. Perhaps have given her the phone number to our local police station. Much easier to just take down my license plate number and give them a call. Or, maybe told her I would call the police myself if she was going to be crazy and follow me. Maybe I could have pointed out that I was going maybe 5-7 miles over the speed limit, that my car is a Prius and they don't exactly have much get up and go. Not to mention the fact that at 10am on a Friday, there aren't any kids out, because they are all at school.

What I should have done was take down her plate numbers and called the police telling them a strange lady followed me and yelled at me, and tried to take the law into her own hands. That would have been fun.

Seriously, who hasn't gone over the speed limit, especially when they are in a hurry???? Don't know if I chalk this up to living in a small town (which I keep getting told is SO MUCH BIGGER than it used to be. I am just a city girl at heart. I mean, when there isn't one street that has two lanes going one direction......can we say small......) or just that I happened to be in front of a crazy person.

No comments: