Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It ends.....

Before school started, a lady at church asked if I would be interested in doing a co-op preschool for my daughter. I wasn't sure if I wanted to or not. But there was a lot of structure, and I figured that once every five weeks isn't that bad.

This is my last week. At the beginning of this, whenever it was my turn, I was so worried about it. Having six four year olds in the house, hoping to actually TEACH them something, and having everyone be happy at the end seemed overwhelming. Today, we made something for Mother's Day (which is just the worst holiday of the year, seriously.), practiced writing their whole names for Kindergarten for next year, add to that snack time, play time, story time and some running outside when the rain stopped, it went pretty well.

I have decided something though: if we have any more children, I don't think I would do this again. Have I learned from this? Yes. Have I grown? Yes. Did it save me some money from having to find a preschool for my daughter? Yes. I also got to make some good friends with the other moms, that I might not have, had we not done this. And while I do think she has benefited from doing this preschool (and I think she wishes it were every day) she probably could have learned more from teachers who actually KNOW how to teach this age group.

I will miss my break from my daughter twice a week, and boy will she miss going to preschool every week. But we're moving on to bigger and better things!!! Bring on Kindergarten!!!

1 comment:

Noelle said...

When I was writing my blog I was thinking of you actually. And initially I wrote something about how anyone with a loved one in the military should NOT feel sorry for me, because 6 weeks was like a minute compared to what they had to live with.

But then I started getting comments from people thinking Jason was in the military and they were thanking us for our sacrifice and stuff...

So then I just deleted the military part all together because I was just confusing people and thanks should be given only to those who truly deserve it.

I don't know how you do it...really...but I admire you and all of the other military wives...and families SO MUCH!

I hope you have a fabulous Mother's Day and know that your husband is in my prayers.