Saturday, April 17, 2010

Crap

Today, it sucks. It just does.

These last two weeks were my husbands R&R. Which means that for just over two weeks, he got to come home and be with his family. We purposely scheduled it towards the end, because we knew it would make it a little easier because we only have a few months left.

Yeah, that is a bunch of crap.

Well, slightly. As I drove home from the airport this morning, I realized that I am going to have keep telling myself over and over again 'just a few more months' and then eventually I will start to believe it.

I have plenty of things lined up to keep us busy. Two trips up to Seattle before the end of the month, a trip to Portland at the end of next month. A big trip home for my brothers wedding. And then a friend might be coming up here right before he gets home for good.

While he was here, we did some pretty fun stuff. We took the kids to the science museum in Seattle that we have a pass to. We went to the inside pools on post and he and the kids went swimming. We got two nights out alone, plus an entire day that we went to the temple. The kids first soccer games were this week, and he got to watch them. He got to use his electric razor and got to sleep in a comfortable bed. Eat fresh food, and ride his bike.

Overall, it was a good thing. My kids were ecstatic to have their dad home. He took them out so they could ride their bikes. Oh how they NEEDED this. I needed this.

I think I should start a countdown calendar.

And now I am going to take a nap. Being up at 4am is never fun. Especially on a day like this.

No comments: