Saturday, April 19, 2008

Mary Poppins

So, does anyone else get weepy when they hear "lets go fly a kite, up to the highest height"?? Cause EVERY TIME the kids are watching it (which seems to be often as Lucy LOVES it) I always get weepy. Now that I'm an adult it makes so much more sense now as to the whole purpose of the movie. Maybe that's why I get weepy. Weepiness seems to happen more often now for some reason. In fact, yesterday morning I went to the track to walk my two miles, and there were some soldiers doing their PT test. There was a guy that was really struggling to run his two miles, and there were two guys that were running with him that kept encouraging him to keep going by saying all kinds of things. As they ran by, I got a little weepy. Why?? Because these soldiers cared enough about their fellow soldier to run with him even though they could run faster than him. One ran the entire way with him. And he looked as if he could have finished a long time ago. But he stuck with him. One thing that made me laugh as they ran by was what he said "if you haven't puked yet, you haven't run hard enough." That kind of took any moisture (from my eyes as I was really sweaty) away. Something is happening to me as I get older. I have no idea what it is, but I'm not a big fan of crying (or being weepy) so I kinda wish it would stop.....at least most of the time no one knows.:)

6 comments:

LeeElle said...

Isn't that a side affect of pregnancy?:)

TJ said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! unfortunately i am not pregnant. i think i'm just getting more weepy....

Emily S. said...

you're funny! I LOVE being the weepy type. Makes my heart full,and I like that feeling.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was reading the military post at T&S and saw that you are at Ft. Bragg, so I clicked your name which led me here. My sister just moved there. Her DH just returned from Iraq. She's not a member of the Church (I am). Reading the post over there gave me hope that my sis & her DH would befriend some members. Anyway, I don't even know why I'm writing this, but I just want her to join the Church so much. You probably think I'm crazy. Oh, and I've noticed the weepy thing myself too as I get older (well, I'm 27), but things like that touch my heart - the Spirit I guess.

TJ said...

heidiann, there are many members on post, so i'm sure at some point she will meet one of us. there are enough for an entire ward! do you know what neighborhood she lives in?

Unknown said...

I used to think something was wrong with because I never cried, even when I was really sad it was a rare occasion that I would break down and cry. Now, I cry almost every time I go to church and especially at any military function. What is the deal? I think now I am more aware of whats going on than I once was. . .i dunno :)