Sunday, September 23, 2007

Still alive

Hello all. I am still alive and still not home yet. I am just dreading the drive home. It is so boring. It is all desert and absolutely nothing interesting to look at. At least my kids get to watch movies, I only get to listen.

My week in California was busy and fun. Lucy had a fever on Monday, so we kind of stayed at home and didn't do much. Tuesday I drove all the way out to Beverly Hills to go to the Beverly Center. The H&M there was the closest with not only women's but children's clothing. I don't think I have ever seen so many high end stores in one place other than walking down the Champs Elysées in Paris. Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Coach, and many others were in there. Felt a little out of place. But I got some great stuff!!

Wednesday we went to the LA County Fair. The kids got to see lots of animals and I got to eat my Hot Dog on a Stick with Lemonade, Cotton Candy and the cinnamon rolls that they always have. Yum.

Thursday was a bit of a this and that day. But that night my best friend and I got to go out to dinner by ourselves and then watch a movie without our kids. It was nice. Although she fell asleep before then end and I had to keep waking her up.....

Friday was a crazy day between packing, going to lunch with my dad, going to see Matt's dad and driving to my sisters. But we made it in one piece. Although tomorrow I have got to get some new windshield wipers for my car.

Yesterday my sister and I went to a Time Out For Women put on by Deseret Book. I would link it but I'm trying to type fast so that I can sit and talk to my sister for a while. It was great. I had another whole Saturday without my kids. I will go into more detail about it when I get home, but if you are LDS, and there is one coming near you, you should go.

I will be back at the end of the week with pictures, lots of opinions and some rantings. I don't know if I'll catch up on reading all of your blogs, but I'll try.

Later....

5 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Sounds like fun! I was turned off of TOFW when my MIL came home from one and decided it was time to lecture me on everything that is "wrong" with my marriage. (What she thinks is wrong with it, is mostly the things I like about it!) All based on what TOFW speaker had said. But that's probably just my beef with my MIL, lol.

Sorry about the drive home, that's always the worst, driving with little kids & being exhausted from vacation. Do you have a DVD player for the car?

Shelly! said...

"Shell, wake-up you've gotta hear this." (shakes me)

"Shell, this is funny, listen!" (hits my head)

"Shell, wake-up you're missing the best part."

Yeah, I have NO idea how that movie ends.

I miss you already though.

TJ said...

YES!!! i would never have done this drive without the DVD player in my van.

athena said...

can't wait to read your thoughts on Time Out For Women.

Kayris said...

You're braver than I, to drive that far by yourself!