Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Craziness

So, this day was one crazy day. I started out getting ready to take Andrew to a neurosurgeon. I had been waiting for this appointment for at least 3 months. I got a call that the doctor had to do an emergency surgery and that I would have to reschedule. AHHH!!!!!! (I have an appointment for when I get back from my trip)

Then the bishop called and said we needed to find some people to help this lady move a few things into her second story apartment. And that her husband was at basic or AIT, and that her two year old son was in a body cast because he had broken his femur. At least I think that that was what was broken. So, spent some time tracking down some muscles to help her out.

Then Matt called and we now know where we're going!!!!! Hooray!! We are going to Fort Bragg in North Carolina. I have a very good friend there, and I am so excited because now we'll be close and we can go and play and have our kids play.....and it will almost be like it was when we were in Germany and she lived above me. So, I've spent a significant part of my day on the phone between church stuff and calling family. I did take the kids over to a friends house. It was the friend that said she would watch Lucy for me while I took Andrew to his appointment. So, even though it has been raining on and off all day, they got to run and play with friends.

Now, we're going to be on the opposite side of the country of our family. They barely call us now. His dad only came to see us because he had to fly out for his work. His mom won't come out because she is way too wrapped up in herself. (she is going through her fourth divorce.....that is a whole other post) His dad has two little girls, 6 and 4, and is obviously busy with that. I guess what I'm trying to say is that no matter where we are, unless we're in Southern California, they won't be visiting. They hardly even call. It is so sad to me. And hard to understand. In contrast, my parents call me fairly frequently, and so do my other siblings. I talk to my grandma at least once a month, and I would call just as frequently when I was in Germany. Just raised differently, but I think there is an argument that communicating is always better than not communicating.....

Funny thing is that I've spent so much time on the phone today, between church and family stuff that my ear actually hurts. It really does. I need to make more phone calls, but my poor ear needs a rest. The price I pay for communicating......

7 comments:

Vanessa and Rebecca said...

Yea!! for knowing where you're going! Congrats. I hear nc is gorgeous.

nikko said...

NC is so nice. Good luck making all the arrangements and good for you for making an effort to communicate with relatives!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

It's funny, we lived 2 blocks away from DH's parents for 5 years, and now that we've moved away, we actually talk to them more. Isn't it funny how families are different?

Anonymous said...

sounds like your life is getting just hectic enough to get away from it all. hopefully your trip will be relaxing and completely joyous; you deserve it! i don't know how texas will survive without you. glad to hear you're going to a place that is more agreeable to you, with a friend present yet. good for you!

Megan said...

Hello. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I used to live in Virginia and visited Fort Bragg- had a boyfriend there, definetely not the Frenchman to whom I am now married. :)

LeeElle said...

NC...I'm much more likely to visit there.

wendy said...

East coast sounds lovely! How long until you move?

Bummer about the family not visiting. But, maybe that's not such a bad thing...