Saturday, September 29, 2007

Its Over

I am finally home. I got back last night, and I was sure done driving for at least a week. But then tonight I had to drive to a church building kind of far for a church meeting. But at least I got to drive Matt's car. Not my van thank goodness.

I was planning on being home sooner than yesterday, but things came up that couldn't be ignored. At first I was going to leave on Tuesday. But my sister wanted me to stay so that we could do a little bit of book shopping together, and just hang out. So, of course I said I would stay. I love buying books. After we got home, about an hour or so later, we discovered that Andrew had diarrhea. Lucy had had it for a few days, but it wasn't too bad, and she was eating a ton of food and drinking. And of course, she is still in a diaper. So, poor Andrew wasn't feeling too good. Then about 11pm, I moved him from the living room to the hallway (he liked sleeping in the hallway. We couldn't figure out why) and he said that he didn't feel so good, and then proceeded to throw up on his pillow, his blanket, the floor and the stupid stuffed huge spider man that my MIL insisted on buying him. So, I wasn't going to be leaving on Wednesday either. He had toast and applesauce like crazy. And a banana too.

So, left on Thursday, and I got home last night. I had been gone for almost 3 weeks!! It was so nice to be with my sister and talk to her and discuss things. Last Sunday night we stayed up until 4 talking about stuff. And it was nice to be in California again.

I do not think that I will ever attempt to do that much driving again by myself for a while. Or ever. But it was worth it this time, and I may not have the chance to go back again for a while. Hopefully my kids have some good memories out of it.

I've got tons more to say, but its late, and I'm tired. I wonder if any of you are even still reading my blog? Oh well, even if no one but Shell is reading at least I get this stuff out of my system and I feel better at the end of the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home and welcome back and get some sleep:)

LeeElle said...

I'm reading too

Vanessa and Rebecca said...

yeah! you're back!