Saturday, September 8, 2007

I figured it out

Last night I was turning lights off and getting ready for bed, when I saw another cockroach!!!!!!!!
I looked around for my shoes, which happened to be fairly heavy and would do the job well, when I saw it go for the front door, and go out through a small space underneath. So that is how they were getting in!!!!! Now I either have to call maintenance and tell them the problem, or figure out how to block it so that they stay out. Maybe it was those bug noise things that pushed this one out. Since I've gotten them, every time we find a cockroach it is in the same area, right by the front door. I'm pretty sure because of the angle of the rooms and where I had to plug in the bug things, that is the only place they could handle. At any rate, those bug repeller things are never leaving our house!! They will follow us everywhere we go.

5 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Yuck! They say for every one you see, there are 100 that you don't? Ewwww. But as bugs go, they are supposed to be relatively clean bugs, if that's any comfort. They even "wash" after coming in contact with humans.

TJ said...

well, i've looked under my couches, and thats really the only place they could be hiding. i just keep telling myself that its only a few more months of being in this house and hopefully our next one won't be so bad.

Shelly! said...

Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Somehow this is making me feel slightly better for not having been to San Antonio yet. Just slightly less guilty...

TJ said...

i hope only slightly....

Anonymous said...

Oh!cockroaches. the bane of civilized society. some facts:
-cockroaches can withstand radiation equivalent to a thermonuclear explosion
-it can live as long as a month without its head
-can hold its breath for up to 40 minutes
-some female cockroaches just mate once--then are pregnant for the rest of their lives (lucky them)
-there are nearly 4,000 species, and they will follow you where you move (kidding)
-females prefer males at the bottom of the social pecking order (yeah for the bad boys!)
--and there's so much more! i am glad to know you may have found their method. good luck!