Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Thunder

The last two nights, here in San Antonio, we have been experiencing some major thunder and lightning storms. They are great! Last night the power went out for half a minute. And today since before lunchtime we've had thunder and lightning again! And of course rain. If we could have everything but the rain, it would be a whole lot nicer. I love thunder and lightning. As a little kid, it terrified me, but I have come to understand what it is and it doesn't scare me anymore. And I'm trying to teach my kids to not be scared of it too. We sit at our windows and watch the weather outside and wait for the lightning, and then listen to the thunder. When we were in Germany, we had enormous windows with huge ledges. I would stand Andrew up on them and we would plaster ourselves up against the window and watch the storm. The windows here are pretty crappy. Our German ones were great, double paned, huge, and opened a lot easier. Anyway we're making do with what we've got here. And during thunderstorms, here and in Germany, my kids don't wake up. I remember hearing our neighbors upstairs wake up with their little one screaming, but my kids never moved. I woke up, but I can wake up when I hear an earthquake coming. I'm a light sleeper. Anyway, I just love thunder. Too bad you all can't come over for hot chocolate (I have cadbury hot chocolate) and cookies.....

1 comment:

Lei said...

My kids sleep through rain and thunderstorms as well. In fact, I am lucky in that a night of showers usually means they'll sleep in for me!