Friday, March 16, 2007

Lizards

Yesterday my sister called me and while we were talking I was looking something up online. My kids were on the front porch playing, and Andrew walks in with the above lizard in his pocket. Totally freaked me out. (the picture is Andrew holding this lizard. I had to get a really close picture because it was so small. Maybe two inches long. How did he find this??)

He thought it was the coolest thing. I have never seen such a small lizard before, and I was amazed that he actually caught it! He wanted to keep it, and as many things as I said to convince him to put it back, he would have something to counter it with. For example:
Me: We can't keep it buddy, because we don't have any lizard food.
Andrew: I can feed him! Look, I will feed him that leaf. (puts lizard next to small brown dead leaf on porch. of course the lizard doesn't touch it)
Me: He needs to find his mom and dad, and he will be sad if he doesn't.
Andrew: I can help him! Are they at the store??
Both kids were facinated with this tiny lizard. He finally put it down but followed it so closely I was afraid that they would step on it. I finally distracted them long enough for the little guy to dissappear! I guess I'm lucky that it was just a lizard, and not something worse!! Let me know if you can actually find the lizard in the above picture.

No comments: