Sunday, March 11, 2007

It was not meant to be

I was supposed to go to Dallas this weekend to see two friends. One of which will only be there until wednesday as they are living in Germany at the moment. So I was very excited to go. But my kids got the chicken pox. The the son of the friend that I was going to stay with got croup. And either I'm getting sick again, or these are killer allergies. So, it was not meant to be.

On a side note, I finally have my dining room table cleaned off enough so that I can put something pretty on it. The mugs/steins I got at the Flohmarkt (fleamarket for those of you that don't speak german) from the lady that painted them. And the tabletopper I also got at the Flohmarkt. It is handmade (which I did not notice until I put it out. I just bought it because I like it) The total cost of all of this was about 15 euros. It is so german, I just love it. I had a request to see pictures of my newly cleaned off table. (we have a problem with surfaces. we just have a hard time keeping them clutter-free) I'm hoping that this will keep us from making it our catch-all place. We'll see......



1 comment:

Shelly! said...

It looks gorgeous! Too bad it's not in Germany looking German instead of in Texas looking German. Oh well. I'm having a great time here. I'm not really interested in being super social but I think that people are starting to hear that I am here. It will be good to see some. We (boys & I) are headed to Neal's house this afternoon. Yeah! I have E's old cell phone which has crappy minutes so I'll call you later at night or something. Bravo on the beautiful, clean table!