Thursday, March 29, 2007

I love this book

Last night I finished a great book, Marie Antoinette by Antonia Fraser. It is not historical fiction. This book is all about accuracy and the facts. She even states when something was speculation and has an enormous bibliography at the end. This is the book that the recent movie Marie Antoinette was based on. I have not seen the movie, but I'm planning on it very soon. Like as soon as my car is working so that I can make it to Blockbuster and rent it. It is long, lots of details with names, dates and Comte this and Duc that, but even if you can't remember all of it (which I could not) it is still a good book. I thought I could blog something positive today. And by the way, we are going on 7 HOURS without our water. Still doing good with the #2 though. Hopefully it will come on before 6 (which is in an hour). If it does not, I will have to hurt someone.

2 comments:

athena said...

i've read this book too and liked it.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I've seen the movie...wow...was pretty amazing on one level, and boring on another. Very slow moving and "artistic" in spots, and quite a bit of nudity. ~makes a face~ Very interesting insight into Marie Antoinette though...looking forward to reading the book.

And good for you for trying to stay positive!