Friday, June 8, 2007

Our family night

So, does anyone else spend family night shopping at Walmart??

We went to dinner at Quizno's, and then we went to Walmart afterwards. I still remember the first time I walked into an American Walmart after being in Germany. Totally overwhelmed. I felt like I had never seen anything so big in my life.

Fridays are the only nights that we get to spend with Matt. He doesn't study at all after he comes home. We usually go out to dinner, which can be anything from Sonic to Quizno's and when we have a babysitter, Applebee's. We bought a fairly large pool to set up outside that Matt wants to teach the kids to swim in. Its much deeper than your run of the mill kiddie pool. So he's excited about that. A good family activity for us. We have been to the pool on post (which is free!!) but the water isn't so clear, and we're just not fans of chlorine. So, we figure we can have fun at our house without the need of chemicals. And it will be a nice place for me to improve the tan that I already have started. OK, so its only on my arms and the top of my feet. But my legs aren't too bad, and my face has some color for the first time in I don't know how long.

I look forward to Friday nights. The kids love having dad with us when we go out, and having him to play around with.

Camp is a week from Tuesday. I don't know how I'm going to get everything done that I need to do before then. Here is my list of things to do:

~finish writing the parent letter for our meeting after church on Sunday
~go back to hobby lobby and buy more canvas bags because Lucy decided to draw on two of them while I was in the shower today
~make our banner AND our flag. (does anyone else see this as overkill????)
~make sure we have rides for the girls that go up early on Monday and for the rest of us on Tuesday. And for getting home on Saturday
~type up a schedule and info sheet for my parents to refer to while I'm gone.
~my regular schedule of cleaning, laundry etc......
~stuff the bags with everything that we have (bandanna's, capri's, cute small bottles of shampoo.....)
~make sure I have a letter from the parents of each girl before we go to camp. (this is the worst idea ever. ever try collecting these things??? pure torture)
~clean out my van so that the girls can actually get into it.

I do not have anytime to waste!!!

And on top of this, our ward will be splitting on Sunday, its Youth Conference weekend, and girls camp and scout camp are right on top of each other. So there will be lots of people that will be very busy....

So, what am I doing up late? Trying to remember everything that needs to go on the letter I'm giving to the parents on Sunday. And reading blogs of course. My posting will probably be a bit sporadic next week and the week after there won't be any posts while I'm gone.

OK, back to work!!

3 comments:

wendy said...

Oh, man, what a week!

We just had a little parents' meeting for camp today, to give them a heads up on what we'll be doing, and what we need help with.

I need to work on finding cutie things for camp - like bandanas and a banner and all that jazz. Thanks for the great ideas!

TJ said...

wendy: i have a great website for cheap bandanas. it is wholesaleforeveryone.com
thats where i got ours. they have them solid, patterns, and almost every color. also, its kind of fun to get nail polish in the color of your ward and have all the girls paint their toes. our color is orange. we also made capris for them.

Kayris said...

I loathe going to Walmart. Invariably it is too crowded and too hot, there are never enough lines open and they are usually out of what I want. So I wait until we are out of everything and then make one big trip.