Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Crazy day

Today was the busiest day we have had for a while. I got up and rode my stationary bike, took a shower, and then did all the morning stuff. I had someone coming over from church to do some planning for our girls camp that is coming up in two weeks. She had brought her kids to play with mine so that we would have some peace while trying to get things done. Then my father in law came by after he had gone to swim laps with Matt at the pool. And he stayed for a while. I put Lucy down, then Matt came home really early. I decided to run to the store with Andrew so that I didn't have to wait for Lucy to wake up. Before that, I had realized that our house was really warm, warmer than usual. Well, it turns out that our AC died. Luckily, being in military housing, I just call the maintenance line, and they come out and fix it. They had it fixed by 5pm. It is now blowing cold air all through our house. Then I made our dinner as fast as I could. After we ate, threw the kids in the car and drove down to the church as we were having an activity that was getting ready for our girls camp. Got home just after 9, and put the kids right to bed. At least this morning I got to vacuum a bit and got most of the dishes done from the day before. My days are usually filled with watching Disney playhouse, building with blocks, settling arguments, wiping bums, going to the park, drawing on the magna doodles.....
Oops, forgot reading stories, and picking up messes and eating snacks.

I like these days when I don't have plans and the kids can play at the park with their friends and be out in this awesome sun. We had sun in Germany, but it was nothing like it is here.

I'm glad I have some quiet time now. But I just might fall asleep......

3 comments:

wendy said...

I was just called as ward camp director - I can't wait to hear all of your camp tips!

dalene said...

...to sleep, perchance to dream. Go for it!

Thanks for commenting on my blog so I could find my way to yours. I hope you have a fun as well as crazy summer and at least a few more moments of quiet time (during which I'd almost always vote for the nap!).

Emily S. said...

sounds like a lovely blend of productivity and fun. Just the way I like my days!