Thursday, January 25, 2007

Texas and my Mom

The sun came out today!!! Hooray.

I guess I should explain a little about why we are here in Texas. My husband is going to the Army Physicians Assistant school here at Fort Sam Houston. All he does is go to school and come home and study. He does take a few breaks, and he helps out with getting the kids to bed, but pretty much everything else is me. I'm pretty much a single mom for the year. We came from Germany, and I did not want to leave there. I feel much more comfortable in Europe than I do in America sometimes. Even if I don't speak the language. I hold on to the hope that someday we will again be stationed in Germany. This is kind of a boring blog, but its just a little background on the who, what, where, and why of being in Texas.
I will have more interesting things to say at some point, but I'm still getting used to this blogging thing. I actually have a ton of opinions, but whenever I sit down to do this, my mind goes blank, and I'm searching for something to say.
At the end of February my parents will be coming to see us. Which will be our first visitors in our new place. It will be interesting as my mother always seems to pick at my self esteem by critisizing my housekeeping, what I feed my kids, and whether or not my marriage is going to fail. Maybe this time I will figure out how to stand up for myself without having a knock-down-drag-out fight with her. I am hoping to avoid that at all costs, but as a woman with little patience, I can only take so much before I explode.
That is a little more interesting than why we're in Texas. I'm hoping I'll come up with something a lot more interesting to say soon. Sigh....I thought this would be easier.

1 comment:

Shelly! said...

I think your blog is going to really catch on - for you and others.

Wish I could be your first visitor! Actually, I'd rather that you and I went some place. I could use a good ole' break.