Sunday, January 28, 2007

Airlines Suck

Last night I was on the computer and my cell phone and my home phone trying to find flights for my three sibs that live in or near utah, to fly to California for my grandpa's funeral. I found an awesome deal for $149 round trip. But because we had to coordinate between four people (dad, camille, garrett and marshall) it too forever to get things going. I got in the shower, and then they called and said that they wanted to do it. Well, by the time I could get to the computer the prices for the SAME EXACT FLIGHT were twice what it was. And then when I called to see what their bereavement (i didn't spell that right) fares were, it was more expensive than what I had found online!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not a person that uses strong language, or is even rude to people on the phone. But I hung up on that lady and I was so mad, and words almost came out that were not good. Luckily southwest had something that was less expensive than anyone else, and was still available. So as fast as I could, I booked them on those flights. My dad ended up paying for the tickets. And my dad does not drop that kind of money often at all. He will use something until there are holes, and you can see right through the fabric. (so gross) It must really mean a lot for him to have all his kids at the funeral. I on the other hand got a great deal, and I will be staying there for almost two weeks, because I won't be able to afford to fly back anytime soon. So today, even if it is sunday, all bad thoughts are going towards the airlines and the people that decide how much tickets are and when to hike the prices. They are evil, and I hope that all the money that they make from selling people overpriced tickets, especially when someone has passed away, serves them badly. In a few days I probably won't feel this way, but for today that is how its going to be. I hope all the rest of you have a better sunday. Oh, and Lucy has a fever so we aren't even at church. Which kind of sucks because for once I actually wanted to be there. Oh well.

No comments: