Friday, January 26, 2007

Taking a Shower

Those of you that are not yet married or are married without children do not know the luxury they have of taking a shower when they want to. As I have two young children, my opportunities to take a shower are few. I either have to get up before the break of dawn, or wait until they are asleep at night. Sometimes, like this morning, Andrew will wake up before I can manage to pull myself out of bed (having stayed up late because thats when I get to be by myself) and my only option at this point is to have him in the bathroom with me while i take a shower. He is 3 and a half, so he is a pretty big boy. But the crazy mother I am would prefer to know where he is and what he is doing while I'm in the shower. Sometimes when this happenes Matt will stay home a little longer and study while I jump in and out of the shower. Which I don't like either because I am one that enjoys a good, long, hot shower. So, those of you that have no children or are single, take advantage and realize how lucky you are to be able to wash yourselves at your convineince (I don't think i spelled that right). As I do like to be clean, I have made the goal of getting up before my children and getting my shower in. But as that time varies from day to day, (andrew woke up at 5:30am the other day. I thought I was going to lose my mind) I have yet to accomplish that goal with any consistency. Some of you may say, why don't you shower at night? I have tried that, and I just don't like it. I won't blowdry my hair if I shower at night, and my hair in the morning just won't listen to my flatiron as it is trying to make it behave. So, maybe tomorrow morning I will be able to get my shower in before they wake up.

1 comment:

Shelly! said...

I took at shower at 3:30pm during nap time. I feel your pain.