Saturday, January 27, 2007

Life and Death

My grandpa died early this morning. He had been suffering for a while, so we kind of all knew that it was coming. Losing a family member is something that we all go through, no matter how much money we have, or where we live, or what our religion is. And just because someone has more money does not mean that they feel the pain any less than someone who has none. I love my grandpa, and I am sad that my children will not really get to know him, but I did. So I can tell them stories and help them learn who my grandpa was. One of the positive things about the situation is that I get to fly to California and stay for a while. And it will be a chance to see people that I haven't been able to see for several years. This is kind of a boring blog, but I really don't want to talk about anything else. I do know that I will see him again, when its my turn to go. In some ways I'm scared of dying, but then there are so many that I will be able to meet and those that i knew like my grandma, and now my grandpa. I hope that whoever reads this doesn't get depressed or sad or anything. Its just on my mind today.....
Maybe tomorrow's blog will be a little better.

2 comments:

J.Ammon said...

Sorry to hear your grandpa died. When mine died 2 years ago, I remember being sad, but I was a family reunion in a way, as my relatives converged to pay our respects. It was great to be with family and talk about someone we all loved and who loved us back.
-joe

muzzer42 said...

Terina, I am so sorry for your loss. When my mom's mom (Grandma Backus) died two years ago, it was the first person in my family that had ever died and only my second funeral (Alan Schultsmeyer was my first. That was terrible!). There is no way to explain the pain of losing a loved one. But like you said, at least you know you will see him again.

I have to say, I love your blog. I love your courage in saying what you really feel. So many of the things you write are like thoughts right out of my own head!! It's crazy. Thank you for being so willing to share!

I love ya!