Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Flight Anxiety

Tomorrow we fly to California. If we drove, it would take us more than 20 hours driving time. But since we are flying, it will only take us 3. As wonderfull as that is, everytime I start thinking about getting on that airplane, my stomach gets a funny feeling, and I start to freak out a little. This is not because I have never flown. Or even never flown with kids. I have flown several times, and over the ocean counts as 6 of those times. And with us being in the military, I will probably fly several more times. I have decided that the next time I fly, (tomorrow doesn't count as the next time) I will go find me a doctor that can give me some happy pills. Something to take the edge off, but that won't make me completly comatose so that I can also take care of my kids. You might suggest giving my kids some benadryl. But if they are sleeping, then I have nothing to occupy me, so that the flight last much longer. I need them awake and busy so that I am occupied and so the time "flies" (haha) by. If any of you have any suggestions for the specific kind of happy pills I should ask for, please let me know. As soon as I can get myself into one of those kinds of doctors, I will be sure and ask for it. If you don't have any suggestions, just pray for me so that I don't lose it.

No comments: