Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

We had a great Memorial Day today. But since I haven't downloaded the pictures yet, that post will have to wait. In the meantime, read this. This woman articulates things so much better than I ever could. Not a big fan of the imagery of the quilt (just my personal issues) but I loved this. I think Newsweek should put together a book or something of all the My Turns. They are some of the best things I read in the magazine. I almost buy it just for that. And this woman lives pretty darn close to where I live. Hope all of you had a nice weekend too!!!

1 comment:

Shelly! said...

I love reading this article when we got our Newsweek. And I 100% agree with you - Newsweek should do a My Turn book. It's often the best part of the entire Magazine.

I've thought about doing a quilt with the boys clothes like she talks about...but I know (1) I'm not that talented and (2) having scraps of material around would drive me crazy!