Friday, May 23, 2008

Going to the DZ

I got a phone call early this morning (which isn't that unusual as my friend has called me even earlier than she called this morning) from my friend who told us there would a huge drop today. What is a drop you might ask? That's when soldiers jump out of ginormous airplanes. But today was going to be different because they were dropping Humvee and other equipment. They also had four or five different helicopters sitting out for us to go into, sit in, and get to smell the lovely army smell. So, we got out to the Drop Zone (hence DZ) and Andrew was more interested in catching tiny grasshoppers and caterpillars. Some Apache's flew down really really close and then sat down on the other side of the field and sent off some blanks as the soldiers got themselves together in their combat groups (I think that's what their called, correct me if I'm wrong) and we saw them go and "secure" the "buildings" that they had on the field. The kids had a great time, and I really liked it too. I took a TON of pictures. At the moment I am uploading pics to our family blog. And they are taking a really really long time for whatever reason, so I will post pictures either tomorrow morning or right after I post this if the other ones are done.:)

No comments: