Sunday, November 15, 2009

A little early

I'm thinking about being thankful tonight. I've seen people on Facebook posting one thing every day that they are thankful for. And while it's still over a week until Thanksgiving, I'm going to do my thankful list now.

~I am thankful that this year is almost over! It's been a terrible year for many reasons. Can't wait until 2010 and this year is all behind me.

~I am thankful for neighbors that watch my children so that I can go to the store by myself.

~I am thankful for rubber gloves. Without them I would never do dishes or clean a bathroom.

~I am thankful for the Internet. Specifically Skype. I get to talk to my husband up to 2 times a day, and I get to see him while I talk to him. And my kids get to see their dad. Can't beat that.

~I am thankful for the basics. Hot and cold running water, toilets that work, electricity, heat, a home, food, and vehicles that work.

~I am thankful for the military and what it has done for our family. It has made us financially stable, given us many good friends, and amazing experiences.

~I am thankful that I'm a member of the LDS church.

~I am thankful that I can bear children.

~I am thankful that I can call up any of my brothers and sisters and have a good conversation with any of them.

~I am thankful for all these modern conveniences like digital cameras, cell phones, computers, external hard drives, DVD players, DVR's, and TV's.

~I am thankful for Facebook. While sometimes it seems like a black hole that I get sucked into, I have found old friends that I otherwise never would have heard from again.

~I am thankful for my kids.

~I am thankful for friends that are still my friends no matter if we live next door, or 2500 miles away, or are on the other side of an ocean.

~I am thankful for good chocolate. And for my brother who is sending me good chocolate and a friend that is sending me good chocolate. You cannot have enough good chocolate.

~I am thankful for a garage so that when we go to the car, we don't get soaking wet.

~I am thankful that my husband loves me and thinks that I look good even when I just wake up in the morning.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope you're able to spend it with family or good friends where ever you are.

1 comment:

Shelly! said...

I too will celebrate when 2009 is over for you - but I have no doubt that the year will end well and that 2010 will be an excellent one for you!

I'm grateful that your parents are coming for Thanksgiving. It makes my heart happy....