Thursday, February 15, 2007

People that work on airplanes

So, having recently flown a few times, I must say that I am getting tired of how the people that work on airplanes look when I walk on all by myself with two small kids. Having been a server in a restaurant for several years, I do understand that having small children around is a little more stressfull. In fact, some other servers would ask the hostess to not give them any kids on their station. Which mostly was because the bill would be smaller, and therefore their tip would also be smaller. That server was a little money hungry. And yes, children make more of a mess. So, I walk onto an airplane, Lucy in one arm, enourmous gigantic carseat in the other, a backpack on my back, purse over my shoulder and NOT ONE of those people that work on airplanes offered to help me. They just stared at me from the back of the plane. The woman that did help me was another passenger on the airplane. In fact, the people that are the Most Helpfull are those that are travelling also, and offer to carry a car seat or push the stroller through some dumb spinning door that they have before you can get into the baggage claim area. Again, I understand that people work for tips, BUT COME ON. What happened to just helping people because you can see that they need help??? Especially a mother with young kids?? Or what about the elderly that need help? People just walk right past. So, if anyone that reads this happens to be a person that works on an airplane, please take note. Just because you don't get a tip for your service doesn't mean that it isn't appreciated. And for all those that will be flying with their children, don't expect help. They will probably just stare at you as you try to do it all by yourself.

I'm not feeling too well today and that is why I'm in a bashing mood. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better.

No comments: