Sunday, February 25, 2007

My amazing deal


I have been on the search for a new denim skirt for several months now. The last one I bought was about six years ago, right after I came home from my mission. So, the other night I was able to go to the PX (military department store) by myself. The real reason was so that I could look for some new pjs for Lucy. And get Matt a new lock. As I walked in, I saw at least 6 racks of clearance clothes. So, of course I have to look. I found a denim DKNY skirt, that was marked 50% off. It also said size 6, but it looked big enough to fit me.



So, I wandered into the Juniors section and found another denim skirt, much longer, and $3 more than the one on sale. I tried them both on, and although I loved the long one, since the weather in Texas gets much hotter than it does in Germany, I went for the shorter one, and of course it was cheaper. And it did fit me, even though it said size 6. In a regualar store, the price of the skirt would have been $89. The military price was $66. Then it had the %50 off sticker, and so I thought it would be worth it, since I wouldn't be buying another one for a while. I was paying for all of my items, and he rang up my skirt and it rang up for $16.50!!!!!
I was so excited! I love it when things like that happen. So, I got an $89 skirt for $16.50. Matt just did the math for me, and I got the skirt for 82% off of the normal price..... I love deals.

3 comments:

Emily S. said...

CUTE skirt!

I love those moments... when it seems that the universe actually WANTS you to have something.

:)

Shelly! said...

I find that the mental picture of Matt calculating your "steal" while you sit and blog about it hits my quota for hilarious moments.

TJ said...

i'm glad i can put some laughter in your life. i know its hard to laugh when your kid is throwing up....