Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Baskets


Since being in Texas, I have not gone many places by myself. I'm just not very familiar with the freeways (which are totally retarded here) and going anywhere with two kids is just not usually the greatest thing. But yesterday I mapquested where the nearest Marshalls was. We had had a gift certificate for two months, and I wanted to use it. So we all got in the car and got on the freeway, and hoped that I would go the right way on both of the freeways that I had to take to get to it. I only went the wrong way once. I came home without any problems. I had bought some baskets at Marshalls to help me be organized in our new home.

Being organized has always been a difficult thing for me to do. For many reasons, and I won't go into them here. So, I came back from the store with four new baskets, none of which matched, and have put them to use. The result is that no longer are the lids to my plastic rubbermaid stuff sitting in a box on my kitchen floor, but are in a huge basket on a shelf. And Lucy's diapers are no longer shoved onto the changing table, but are nicely in a basket so that hopefully they will not be pulled out and strewn all over the house. The plastic bags in which to put the dirty diapers are also in a basket so that they also will not be all over the place. Matts vitamins are in a basket (i don't think he likes that very much) and my shelves look so much better.
So, now my crappy little kitchen is that much more organized and looks so much better. Not a very exciting blog, but a big step for unorganized me.
The other exciting thing about these baskets, is that the large one you see was only $7, and the other three were only $5 each. I love things on clearance.

4 comments:

J.Ammon said...

what is it with girls and baskets?

Emily S. said...

shut up, joe.

Emily S. said...

*wink*

we girls do love our baskets, eh, terina?

TJ said...

yes we do. especially when they are big enough to dump the clutter into so that our house looks better. it also helps when they are cute....