Friday, June 18, 2010

C'est fini

I have been thinking these last few days. I've been driving a lot, so I've had a lot of time to think.

And here is what I've decided: it's time to say good bye to this blog.

My reasons are many. The biggest reason is that this is no longer a safe place for me. It used to be safe. Then a little more than a year ago, it became really unsafe. (And really, I did all I could to keep it safe.) And even though I've kept it up for a while, I am getting tired of it. It hasn't been easy. But I've done fairly well. I've kept many of my thoughts to myself, and really, this past year would have been a great time for me to have a safe blog to come to. I could have used it.

If you don't know how it became unsafe, feel free to go into my archives to about a year ago. Check out the comments on some of the posts. You're welcome to go even further and read about my frustrations, my attempts to understand, and ultimately my shock at how a father treats his son (and his wife) when we don't solve his problems for him. And I shared those things on this blog because I believed that it was safe. I like to write in my journal, and I did write pages and pages, but some days I just did not have that kind of time. I can type much faster than I can write, so many times my anger, frustrations, and venting, all came here. There were times that what I wrote may not have been appropriate. But, it is done, and I can't change it.

I have learned quite a bit from this experience. Next time I have a blog, it will be anonymous. Also, I've learned that doing the Christ like thing is to allow people to have the consequences of their choices. Christ didn't solve every one's problems. He didn't make them go away. I mean, the only way we learn and grow, is to have the natural consequences. Even a little baby gets that. They bump their heads enough times on a coffee table, they start to figure things out. Another thing I have learned is that when I clearly define my boundaries, I am much happier.

So good bye blog friends. It was a nice time.

{if you would like to follow me if/when i set up another blog, please leave me a comment with your email address and i can send you a link. comments will be moderated and not posted so your email will be safe. thanks}

No comments: