Thursday, April 16, 2009

Poetry

My husband isn't someone who talks a whole lot. Some people think he is quite the introvert. But. The reality is that he is a huge ham that makes lots of jokes. When it comes to his feelings about things, I usually have to drag it out of him. One of the reasons why I think he's this way is because his dad talks incessantly. Seriously. He'll call, and Matt will try to say something at least five times, and his dad will just run him over with conversation. Anyway, Matt doesn't talk much about how he feels about things. This week, I got an email from him with the subject line "poem". I open it, and find that he has written me a poem. A real one. One that he said he might put to music sometime. And while it isn't perfect, and some of the lines don't really rhyme like a song would, it was awesome. He might not say much, but there is a lot going on in there. My favorite lines are this:

I miss going to church with you

I miss eating your crock pot stew

Not all of them are like this, there is a lot more real feeling in the rest of it. But these really made me laugh. We have about a week before we're all a family again. Well, at least until he deploys, whenever that is. And I can't wait.


No comments: