Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I did it

So, first of all, my dad is out of the hospital!! Yay! But I'm sure he won't be able to do much for a while. Yay for antibiotics.

In thinking about the issue with Andrews friend, I decided that I wouldn't bring anything up until he gets invited over again. If it is soon, then we will have to say no. If it isn't for a while, then I'll have to think about it, and evaluate how they have been interacting. For all I know, she might have told him that he can't have friends over until he can treat them nicer. So, we'll wait.

Now, the other fun fabulous phone call I had to make.....sigh, I'm such a scaredycat. I didn't do it on Monday!!! I know, I should have, but I was nervous!!! I finally did it today, and it ended up OK. I kept it to "I" statements, addressed all of the issues that I had, got things clarified, and even though I absolutely do NOT agree with how she is dealing with the kids in Primary, I am not the President (thank goodness) and I have to respect that. I made a few other phone calls today, and found out, that like half the people at church, they will be moving this summer, so there will be changes!! It is hard to move around a lot, but the blessing of that is if there are people that you don't get along with, can't stand, or any of those things, one of you is bound to move!!

So, I'm glad I did it. I feel better now. Only problem is that my voice is sounding like a man's voice today. And it hasn't gotten better with time. I hope I have a voice to sing with on Sunday! It will be my last one. So many people I've talked to who have been the primary chorister say how fun it is, how it is the best job in my church. Hmm. It might be the people, the kids, my stinky attitude, or all of it together, but I just don't feel that way. I have yet to find the "best" job. I'll let you know when I do. :)

No comments: