Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Chicken Pox

So, last week Lucy started to get spots. She has sensitive skin, so I thought she was allergic to something. Well, the spots didn't go away. I finally got in to the doctor yesterday (you have to call at the buttcrack of dawn to get a sameday appointment) and they said Varicella. Which to those of you who don't know what that is it is Chicken Pox. But I said she didn't have a fever or cold symptoms at all. Nothing other than spots. And all the pictures I saw online didn't look anything like what she had. Apparantly now that kids get the vaccine, they get a "mild" case. Which translates into not having any symptoms at all. So, last week we went to a friends house, and to church. And I feel SO bad that they may all get it. At least if they have had the vaccine that it won't be as bad as it was when we were kids and had it. But what I was really upset about is that we have not been around anyone that has had it. The only place that I can figure that we got it was from the grocery carts. And someone had left that lovely virus there. Well, from now on I'm going to bring those wipes that they make that get rid of things. And maybe make sure they wash their hands as soon as we get home. I had big plans for this weekend, and now I may not be able to go visit some friends. Kind of upset about that. And Lucy has baby dryscalp/dandruff. So I had to go and get her some expensive shampoo so that she doesn't scratch her scalp off. I just hope that their spots scab over before saturday so that I can go to Dallas and see my friends for a few days. I deserve it!! Just send good thoughts towards my kids so that they are scabby by saturday......... (i know it sounds really gross)

2 comments:

J.Ammon said...

You should have had a "Pox Party." I saw it on the Simpsons, but people really do it to get chicken pox out of the way

TJ said...

well, i might as well have taking her to nursery. i guess i'll hear about the fallout in a few weeks, as i hope to not be there this sunday.